All year round
DocLisboa's programme Foco Grecia showed two films screened as part of Cinéma du réel 2015's programme A Story Through Images: The Greek Film Archive in Focus:
- Alouminion tis Ellados (Aluminium of Greece), Roussos Koundouros
- Athina i tris episkepsis stin Akropoli (Athens, return to the Acropolis), Theo Angelopoulos
(Portugal, October 22 - November 1st 2015)
DocLisboa's programme “I don’t throw bombs, I make films” — Terrorism, Representation Retrospective showed several films screened during the past editions of Cinéma du réel:
- Underground, Emile de Antonio, Haskell Wexler and Mary Lampson, Haskell Wexler: at work programme, Cinéma du réel 2015
- Farbtest - die Rote Fahne, Gerd Conradt, Histoire(s) allemande(s) Programme, Cinéma du réel 2007
- Deutschland im Herbst, Alf Brustellin, Rainer Werner Fassbinder, Alexander Kluge, Maximiliane Mainka, Beate Mainka-Jellinghaus, Peter Schubert, Bernhard Sinkel, Hans Peter Cloos, Edgar Reitz, Katja Rupé, Volker Schlöndorff, Histoire(s) allemande(s) Programme, Cinéma du réel 2007
- Notes from a Kurdish Rebel, Stefano Savona, International Competition, Cinéma du réel 2006.
(Portugal, October 22 - November 1st 2015)
As part of their programme "Que peut le documentaire", The Institut de l'Image in Aix en Provence will screen several films shown during the last two editions of Cinéma du réel:
- Dal Ritorno, Giovanni Cioni, International competition Cinéma du réel 2015, Friday November 20th at 8.00pm., screening followed by a discussion with Maria Bonsanti, artistic director of the festival.
- Une jeunesse allemande, Jean-Gabriel Périot, International competition and Scam International Award, Cinéma du réel 2015, on Wednesday November 18th at 4:15pm, Thursday November 19th at 8:30pm, Monday November 23rd at 6:00pm, Saturday November 28th at 7:30pm, Sunday November 29th at 2:30pm
- 300 Hommes, Aline Dalbis and Emmanuel Gras, French Competition Cinéma du réel 2014, on Wednesday November 18th at 8:00pm, Saturday November 21st at 8:30pm, Monday November 23rd at 2:30pm, Thursday November 26th at 6:30pm
- The Stone River, Giovanni Donfrancesco, International Competition and Youth Award, Cinéma du réel 2014, on Saturday November 21st at 1:30pm.
More info on the.
We are glad to announce the opening of the selection for the competitive sections of the 38th edition of Cinéma du réel - International Documentary Film Festival, that will be held from March 18th to 27th 2016 in Paris.
Screenings take place in the 3 cinemas of the Centre Pompidou and in several associated venues in the heart of Paris.
You can find the festival’s rules on, www.cinemadureel.org, as well as the submission form.
The festival presents four competitive sections of non fiction films of all lenghts:
- International Competition
- French Competition
- International First Films Competition
- International Shorts Films Competition
Please note our deadlines:
- Films completed between April 1st and August 31st 2015: September 30th;
- Films completed after September 1st 2015: November 16th;
- Films still under completion on November 16th 2015: online submission November 16th; viewing material: December 18th.
The entry is free.
Please note that only movies produced after April 1st 2015 will be considered for the competitions.
And thank you for sharing the info!
What is Real? That is the question that this Fronteira Festival Programme poses and it has everything to do with transposing limits. Be they geographical, social or aesthetic, all of them have their own notion and delineation of what is real, unreal, and surreal.
In a partnership with the Cinéma du Réel, Fronteira Festival, taking place in Goiânia, Brazil (August 20 - 29 2015), will screen films that exploit and digress about different concepts of reality by creating bridges between the past, present and future:
- The Old Jewish Cemetery, Sergei Loznitsa, Russie, 2014, 20'
- A Festa e os cães, Leonardo Mouramateus, Brésil, 2015, 25'
- Territory, Eleanor Mortimer, Royaume Uni, 2015, 17'
- Une partie de nous s'est endormie, Marie Moreau, France, 2015, 46'
Curated by Toni D’Angela and Maria Bonsanti
More info on
, the Greek Film Archive in Athens, May 2015, showed four films programmed at Cinéma du réel 2015 :
- Et nous jetterons la mer derrière vous, Anouck Mangeat, Noémi Aubry, Jeanne Gomas and Clément Juillard (French competition)
- Hier sprach der preis (The Price Was Key), Sabrina Jäger (First Films International Competition and Library Award)
- Proto ili (Raw Material), Christos Karakepelis (A Story through Images: Focus on the Greek Film Archive)
- Imerologia amnesias (Amnesia Diaries), Stella Theodorakis (A Story through Images: Focus on the Greek Film Archive)
FRED Film Radio, the multi-lingual, digital film network, which broadcasts in 25 European languages, has launched an educational film initiative across Europe entitled FRED at School.
FRED AT SCHOOL is an educational audience development project supported by the European Union’s Creative Europe programme and presented by FRED Film Radio. It is a multi-language film literacy project with elements of media (radio) literacy, conceived for secondary schools and implemented by a growing number of European countries.
The objective is to raise awareness of European films and culture among young people (students aged 14 - 16).
Currently 8 countries have signed up to the programme; the UK, Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Croatia, Romania, Iceland with many more countries lined up for next year’s programme to be announced at this year’s Venice Film Festival.
It is an inclusive project with films made accessible to visually and hearing impaired audiences.
Each participating school has shown 4 films to their students, each having been shortlisted from the European Parliament’s LUX Prize competition. The films have been selected as age appropriate and with subject matter relating to pertinent issues of European citizenship and correlating to the educational curriculum.
The selected films are:
- Illegal (Belgium) directed by Olivier Masset-Depasse
- Akadimia Platinos (Greece) directed by Filippos Tsitos
- Eat Sleep Die (Sweden) directed by Gabriela Pichler
- Shun Li and the Poet (Italy) directed by Andrea Segre
The participating students have had the opportunity to watch, and discuss each film and record their reactions and film criticism on the FRED at School radio platform, an opportunity to share their schools’ thoughts and ideas with all the other participating schools in the programme.
FRED Film Radio is organising a conference on July 2nd where the filmmakers, students, teachers, minority language representatives and members of the film industry will give a snapshot of the achievements of the first edition and the potential expansion into second edition, which will include additional languages.
Some results of a film literacy research study of the 8 participating countries will be revealed alongside the prize for best film awarded by the students themselves.
The event will be accessible for the visually and hearing impaired.
What: FRED at School Conference
Where: 309 Regent Street Cinema, London W1B 2UW
When: 11.00-13.00pm, July 2nd
For further information please contact Isabella Weber: email@example.com
Matthieu Chatellier's film Sauf ici peut-être, French Competition Cinéma du réel 2014, is selected at the festival, Poitiers (France, 6-15 february 2015).
It was programmed at the Festival du film Blitta (Togo, November 2014), at the (France, July - August 2014), at the , Argelès sur Mer (France, May - June 2014) and at the , Alès (France, March - April 2014).
It was also programmed as part of the Mois du film documentaire (France, November 2014).
Yaël André's film When I Will Be Dictator (Quand je serai dictateur), International competition Cinéma du réel 2014, was programmed at the following film festivals: Festival du nouveau cinéma de Montreal (Quebec - Canada, October 2014), , Barcelone (Spain, June 2014),, Forum des Images, Paris (France, November 2015), , Brussells (Belgium, November 2015), (France, November 2014),
Eléonore Gilbert's film Espace, Short Film International Competition Cinéma du réel 2014, was programmed at Traces de vie (France, November 2014), at , at (France, novembre 2014), at the (France, October 2014), at Budapest international documentary film festival (Hungaria, September 2014) at the , Paris (France, August - September 2014) and at the (France, august 2014)., Brussells (Belgium, November 2015), at
Stéphane Battut's film The call of the birds, French Competition Cinéma du réel 2014 and Intangible heritage award 2014, was theatrically released in France on Wednesday April 15th. Distributor : JHR Films.
It was programmed at the (Austria, October - November 2014).
Emmanuel Gras and Aline Dalbis' film Trois cents hommes, French Competition Cinéma du réel 2014,was theatrically released in France on Wednesday March 25th. Distributor : Sophie Dulac Distribution.
It was programmed at(France, November 2014) and at (France, June - July 2014).
Lætitia Tura and Hélène Crouzillat's film Les Messagers, International First films competition Cinéma du réel 2014, was programmed at the following festivals: Festival Les Écrans documentaire, Arcueil (France, November 2015), Traces de vie (France, November 2014), Cinémed Festival, Montpellier (France, October - November 2014), (Belgium, October 2014), (Italy, September 2014), Les Etats Généraux du Film Documentaire de Lussas (France, August 2014) (France, August 2014)., Paris (France, November 2015), at , Oullins (France, November 2015),
It was theatrically released in France on Wednesday April 8th. Distributor : Primaluce.
It was screened on Tuesday June 17th at 9.00pm at the Dietrich Cinema, Poitiers, France, and on Wednesday June 25th 2014 at 8.30pm at Espace 1789, Saint Ouen (Paris suburbs). Screenings organized by and The Kingdom.
Jérémie Reichenbach's Sangre de mi sangre, French competition Cinéma du réel 2014, was programmed at(France, August 2015), at the de Buenos Aires (Argentina, October 2014), at (Croatia, October 2014), at (Mexico, October 2014) and , Mar de Plata (Argentina, August 2014) where it received the International competition Grand prix.
It was theatrically released in France on Wednesday April 22nd 2015. Distributor : ISKRA.
Giovanni Donfrancesco's film The Stone River, International Competition and Youth Award, Cinéma du réel 2014,, São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Campinas, Brasília and Belo Horizonte (Brazil, April - July 2014), , Torino (Italy, May - June 2014) where it received a Special Mention and at the (France, May 2014).
It was awarded the Grand Prix for Best Documentary Film at(Armenia, 12-19 july 2014).
It received the Gold Globe 2014 for best documentary film, awarded by the foreign press correspondents in Italy.
Nguyen Thi Tham's film The Last Travel of Madam Phung, International First Films Competition Cinéma du réel 2014, is selected at(France, November 25 - Decembrer 2 2014) and at (Laos, 6 - 11 December 2014).
It was programmed at the following festivals:Myanmar, June 2014), , Hanoï (Vietnam, June 2014), , Yangon ( , Jakarta (Indonesia, April 2014) where it received a special mention, (France, May 2014).(France, November 2014), Mini Doc Fest (Vietnam, October - November 2014), , New York (United States, October 2014), , Taipei (Taiwan, October 2014), (Selangor, September 2014),
Alessio Rigo de Righi et de Matteo Zoppis' film Belva nera, International Short film festival, Fresnes Prisoners' Award ex aequo and special mention to the Short Film Award Cinéma du réel 2014, was programmed at Lago Film Festival, Revine Lago (Italy, July - August 2015), a at the (Italy, June 2014) and at . , Buenos Aires (Argentina, April 2014)